Monday, April 25, 2011

I Ran Away



Saturday I dropped some Friends off at The Airport, and on my way home, I had the profound urge to continue driving. Perhaps it was because of all the planes, but I did not want to be home, I did not want to be at the new place, i just wanted to GO. I drove til I saw a sign that said New Hope, passing my own exit long ago, and thinking that a place like New Hope would be a good spot to think, I turned. And I found a park. And I walked on a path of chalky plum colored gravel, made brighter by all the Spring Green around me. I walked and walked. Then I drove some more, through winding streets and Green Green Green and Pink blossoming everywhere! I thought about all the things that have been on my mind, and organized them and formed game plans. I didn't turn on the radio, I just hung with myself in silence. It was very very good.












No comments:

Post a Comment